Monday, August 4, 2014

Recent Trade

This past week,  I placed a trade.   I purchased 500 shares of Bombardier Inc. Class B  shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange.  The ticker symbol is BBD.B.

Bombardier is the world's only maker of BOTH planes and trains. Everywhere people travel by land or through the air, a Bombardier product can help them get there.  A commercial aircraft or light rail train can help people get to their destination.

My initial cost was $1815.00  plus a commission of $5.00  for a total cost of $1820.00.  I put in a sell order right away once I found out that the limit order for purchasing went through.

Three trading days after the initial purchase, my sell order was executed.

Summary:
        Initial cost  with commissions = $1820.00
        Proceeds form sale with commissions = $1900.00
        Profit = $80.00
        ROI = ($1900.00-$1820.00)/$1820 = 4.396%

 
Click to Enlarge



DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

No comments:

Post a Comment