Thursday, October 2, 2014

Portfolio Update - September 2014

The month of Sept 2014 is now behind us. The stock market keeps shown a bit of a pullback.  The TSX composite index is down 5.50% over the last month as compared to the S&P 500 which was down    going higher and the S&P 500 which decreased 2.81 %.  During the month I did a few transactions.

Click to enlarge

I sold my shares in Tim Horton's Inc after the news of the leveraged buyout by Burger King. Although this acquisition has not occurred as of today, the likelihood of it in the future is very high.  I recently wrote a post on this sale.  I also purchased shares in Bombardier Inc. Class B stock . 

I sold 2 put options this past month of September. The first one was in Toronto Dominion Bank and the second one in Rogers Communications Class B stock.  I currently own 100 shares of RCI.B.  You can read about these put options here.


I made a small purchase in my TFSA with the small amount of cash that was sitting in the account. I decide to put it too work and took advantage of free commission ETF offered by my broker. I purchased 3 shares of Claymore 1-5 Yr Laddered Corporation Bond ETF on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

I also acquired 1 more share of Killam properties in my TFSA via DRIP at a cost of $10.41. Just Energy paid its first-time quarter dividend at the end of September. I acquired 16 shares at $5.23 of Just Energy though DRIP.  Both of these DRIPs lowers my cost basis.

As of Oct 2, 2014, the value of my portfolio stands at $71885.58. This is an decrease of 4.376% over last month.

I have updated my investment account tab above.

Disclosure: Long KMP.TO, CBO.TO, RCI.B.TO, BBD.TO

DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

No comments:

Post a Comment