Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Dividend Income Update: October 2019



      
    The month of October 2019 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. Recently, I switched my pay yourself first model to concentrate a little on debt repayment.  The interest on debt is 7.16% plus the insurance on the debt.  I currently pay myself 10% of income from job(s) and non-registered accounts to my TFSA.  The TFSA income is staying within the account.  I will deviate the 10% to savings account instead of to TFSA if a large expense comes up like a dental appointment. 

Note:  All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars. 
       
 Non-registered Accounts 
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - 18.00 (Margin Account)
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - 40.59 (Transfer Agent)
  • Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) - $79.25
  • Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce "C.I.B.C" (CM)- $158.40
  • Cineplex  (CGX) - $15.00
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 5.58
  • Restaurant Brands International (QSR) - $65.73
  • Rogers Communications Class B (RCI.B) - $100.00
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)  - $19.75
Subtotal :  $502.30

TFSA
  • A&W Royalties Income Fund (AW.UN) - $6.04
  • Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund   (BPF.UN) - $26.91
  • Cominar REIT (CUF.UN) - $13.32
  • Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN) - $16.61
  • TD Bank (TD) - $33.30
  • TFI International (TFII) - $12.00
  • Telus Corporation (T) - $13.50
Subtotal:  $121.68

Total = $623.98

    I received a total of $623.98 in dividend income for the month of October 2019.  This is the first time I ever received over $600.00 of dividend income in a month.  This represents a 22.0% increase from 3 months ago and 38.3% increase year over year.  The increase is mostly due to increasing my position in C.I.B.C and re-initiating a position in TD Bank over the past year.

    I received dividend / distribution income from 15 different companies.   

     I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in October 2019.  



I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount.  I will include my option premium income also.  It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

How was your dividend income for October 2019?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

Photo Credit: www.mipaq,co.za

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on cracking $600.

    Just curious, since it looks like your account(s) are 100% Canadian Equities, have you compared your performance to en ETF/Benchmark? How does it compare? Have you posted your total returns since you started investing?

    Good luck. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan,

      I have one US stock, which is Facebook. I have been taking money out of my accounts, with most of it out the margin account.

      Since Jan 1, 2016, my returns are as follows:
      non-registered 36.82%
      TFSA 52.76%
      Trading: 327.92%
      Savings: -218.60%

      These give an overall return since Jan 1 2016 to November 2 2019 37.82%.

      Over the same interval the S&P 500 and the TSX composite index return : 45.31% and 25.31% respectively

      I keep track of this in spreadsheet. I started in 2009. I have taken dividend income out of my margin account over the years and sometimes out of the TFSA. I tried to get the returns from brokerage account but could only do from 2012 and then it would not perform the calculation.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on crossing the $600 mark. You have been posting some amazing returns keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matthew,

      I have to be very patient to get returns like that. I tried to be life Buffett and "be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy"

      Delete