Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Dividend Income Update: November 2019



      
    The month of November 2019 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. Recently, I switched my pay yourself first model to concentrate a little on debt repayment.  The interest on debt is 7.16% plus the insurance on the debt.  I currently pay myself 10% of income from job(s) and non-registered accounts to my TFSA.  The TFSA income is staying within the account.  I will deviate the 10% to savings account instead of to TFSA if a large expense comes up like a dental appointment. 

Note:  All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars. 
       
 Non-registered Accounts 
  • Bank of Montreal (BMO) - $87.55
  • Cineplex (CGX) - $15.00
  • Emera Inc. (EMA) - $61.25
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 5.58
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)  - $19.75
Subtotal : $189.13

TFSA
  • A&W Royalties Income Fund (AW.UN) - $6.04
  • Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund   (BPF.UN) - $26.91
  • Cominar REIT (CUF.UN) - $13.32
  • Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN) - $16.61
  • Royal Bank of Canada (RY) - $58.80
Subtotal: $121.68

Total = $310.81

    I received a total of $310.81 in dividend income for the month of November 2019.  This represents a 3.38% increase from 3 months ago and 44.03% increase year over year.  

    My recent average down purchase involving Cineplex Inc. was done after ex-dividend date.  Therefore, there was no dividend paid out in November for this specific purchase.  

    I received dividend / distribution income from 10 different companies.   

     I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in November 2019.



I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount.  I will include my option premium income also.  It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

How was your dividend income for November 2019?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

Photo Credit: www.mipaq,co.za

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.


4 comments:

  1. Nice pursuit

    That's a size able bmo dividend. Congrats on your recent raise!
    great growth yr over yr too.
    keep it up
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passivecanadian,

      Thanks for dropping by. I definitely lucked out adding to to 4 of the 5 Canadian banks in recent months. I will gladly take the dividends without complaints when they are paid out.

      Delete
  2. IP -

    Jealous of that BMO position, congrats on the div increase today!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,

      My position in BMO would be a lot smaller, but the good investments that can be made are few and far between in Canada.

      I am jealous of the amount of great companies that a US citizen can invest in and not have to worry about the exchange rate.

      Delete