Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Dividend Income Update - January 2020



      
The month of January 2020 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. Recently, I switched my pay yourself first model to concentrate a little on debt repayment.  The interest on debt is 7.16% plus the insurance on the debt.  I currently pay myself 10% of income from job(s) and non-registered accounts to my TFSA.  The TFSA income is staying within the account.  I will deviate the 10% to savings account instead of to TFSA if a large expense comes up like a dental appointment. 

Note:  All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars. 
       
 Non-registered Accounts
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $41.07
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $18.00
  • Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) - $79.25
  • Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce "CIBC" (CM) - $158.40
  • Cineplex (CGX) - $24.00
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 5.58
  • Restaurant Brands Intl (QSR) - $64.06
  • Roger's Communications Class B (RCI.B) - $100.00
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)  - $19.75
Subtotal : $510.11

TFSA
  • A&W Royalties Income Fund (AW.UN) - $6.04
  • Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund   (BPF.UN) - $26.91
  • Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN) - $16.61
  • TD Bank (TD) - $33.30
  • Telus (T) - $13.98
  • TFI International (TFII) - $13.00
Subtotal: $109.84

Total = $619.95

 I received a total of $619.95 in dividend income for the month of January 2020.  This represents a 0.646% decrease from 3 months ago and 22.8% increase year over year.  

 The decrease of 0.646% from 3 months ago was due to Cominar REIT paying distributions twice in December 2019 and purchase of more shares of Cineplex.  Cominar pays in the middle and end of the December, therefore there was no payment mid January.  Cineplex is currently in the process of being taking over by UK company called Cineworld.  Cineworld is offering $34 per share and to assume the all the debt and is subjected to Cineplex shareholder approval and regulatory approval.  The decrease due to no distribution from Cominar REIT (CUF.UN) was offset by the $9.00 in dividends from the new shares of Cineplex.

 I received dividend / distribution income from 14 different companies.   

  I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in January  2020.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.  



I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount.  I will include my option premium income also.  It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

How was your dividend income for January 2020?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.




No comments:

Post a Comment