Saturday, July 4, 2020

Dividend Income Update - June 2020



      
The month of June 2020 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. Recently, I switched my pay yourself first model to concentrate a little on debt repayment.  The interest on debt is 7.16% 5.66% plus the insurance on the debt.  The decrease in the interest rate is a result of emergency rate cutes by the Bank of Canada over the COVID19 pandemic.  Right now, I am paying myself 15% to my TFSA and 10% towards line of credit. The latter is not actually paying yourself first, but that is the percentage of income I am putting on my debt.  I am looking to make another purchase in TFSA.  

Note:  All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars. 
       
 Non-registered Accounts 
  • Enbridge (ENB) - $21.29
  • Enbridge (ENB) - $243.00
  • Enerplus (ERF) - $7.34
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)  - $19.75
  • Restaurant Brands International (QSR) - $70.08
  • Intertape Polymer Group (ITP) - $23.85
Subtotal : $385.31

TFSA
  • Brookfield Renewable Partners - $24.12
  • Canadian National Railway - $21.85
  • Cominar REIT (CUF.UN) - $13.50
  • Enbridge (ENB) - $26.73
  • Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN) - $17.11
Subtotal: $103.31

Total = $488.62

 I received a total of $488.62 in dividend income for the month of June 2020.  This represents a 12.8% increase from 3 months ago and 8.84% increase year over year.  

 The increase from 3 months ago do to a few things.  My dividend income from Intertape Polymer Group is larger due to the recent purchase of more shares.  Also, Restaurant Brands International paid the dividend on May 30 instead of during the first week of July.  The increase in dividend income was offset by suspension of distributions from Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund and A&W Royalties Income Fund and Cineplex stopped paying a dividend.  Cineplex stopped a dividend due to closing theatres and other venues due to the COVID19 pandemic and to help satisfy conditions of the planned sale of the company to Cineworld of the UK.

Towards the end of June, Cineworld has pulled out the the deal citing Cineplex did not satisfy the terms of the deal.  Cineplex is going ahead with a lawsuit stating they did satisfy the conditions of the sale and that Cineworld is having buyer's remorse due to COVID19 shutdown.  

I received dividend / distribution income from 9 different companies. 

I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in June  2020.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.  



Click to Enlarge

I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount.  I will include my option premium income also.  It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

Note:  Any activity in my RRSP account is not included in these totals. 

How was your dividend income for June 2020?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's a lot of Endbridge..haha

    Nice growth though. I'm a big fan of ITP, and think its super undervalued...I wish RBC allowed it to DRIP :(

    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your account, thanks to the Dividend Diplomats 50 Dividend Bloggers post. This is impressive dividend income for the month of June. I look forward to watching it grow in the future and following your journey.

    ReplyDelete