Monday, August 3, 2020

Dividend Income Update - July 2020



      
The month of July 2020 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. Recently, I switched my pay yourself first model to concentrate a little on debt repayment. The interest on debt is 7.16% 5.66% plus the insurance on the debt. The decrease in the interest rate is a result of emergency rate cuts by the Bank of Canada over the COVID19 pandemic. Starting in August, I will change my pay myself first percentage. I will be paying 15% towards line of credit and 12% will go into savings. As my normal savings account is in the $2000 range, I have a couple of big expenses coming up. So, I will be putting money into savings until the $2000 amount is reached again.


I made my last deposit to the TFSA at the end of July.

Note: All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars.


Non-registered Accounts

Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)  -  $18.00 (Margin Account)
Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)  -  $42.24 (Transfer Agent)
Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE)   - $83.25
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce "C.I.B.C" (CM) - $160.60
Enerplus (ERF)     - $7.35
Roger's Communications Class B (RCB.B)     - $100.00
Shaw Communications (SJR.B)     - $19.75

Subtotal : $431.19


TFSA

A&W Royalties Income Fund   - $3.80
Cominar REIT (CUF.UN)    - $13.56
Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN)    - $17.11
TD Bank (TD)    -$48.98
TFI International (TFII)    - $13.00
Telus Corporation (T)    - $13.98

Subtotal: $110.43

Total = $541.62


I received a total of $541.62 in dividend income for the month of July 2020. This represents a 11.13% decrease from 3 months ago and 5.92% increase year over year.

The decrease of 11.13% from 3 months ago is due mostly to Restaurant Brands International paying their dividend on June 30 instead of normally the first week of July. This was offset by A&W Royalties Income Fund distribution payment, although smaller than before, paid out at the end of July. A&W Royalties Income Fund stopped paying a distribution at the end of the March due to COVID19 lock downs.

I received dividend / distribution income from 12 different companies.

I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in July 2020.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.

Click to Enlarge


Most of my dividend income comes from my margin account. 



Next, I will show the percentage of total income for each position. I used the combined total of dividend income for Bank of Nova Scotia in the chart below.



I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. I will include my option premium income also. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.


Note: Any activity in my RRSP account is not included in these totals.


How was your dividend income for July 2020?


Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on yet another solid month when it comes to dividend income! 5.92% YoY growth is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawcan,

      Thanks for dropping by. I am actually surprised with the YoY growth considering the 3 dividend cuts and suspensions I received. AW.UN, BPF.UN and CGX have stopped paying a dividend/distribution. AW.UN started to payout a distribution but at a much lower rate than before the COVID19 pandemic.

      Delete
  2. nice Pursuit

    wow thats a nice chunk of change from rogers. Dont see many people holding them due to their lower dividend. why them over telus?

    of course cibc is the big one though. haha

    qsr screwed everything up with that one day earlier, i just tried to keep it simple and move it forward. lol

    cheers man, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob,

      Thanks for dropping by. I owned Roger's for a long time for a few reasons. They were increasing their dividend when I bought my shares. Then they decided to not raise the dividend and concentrate on paying their debt. The other reason is that I have my cell phone with them.

      Telus is very high on my watch list for my TFSA. I own some shares but want the price to fall below to $23.00 before adding more. I want to put in at least $1200 more into Telus and did not have the cash build up until recently. Then I will turn on more drips which would include the big 3 telecoms.

      Shaw was increasing their dividend for a few years when I purchased my shares and then they stopped.

      Delete