Saturday, January 30, 2021

Recent Dividend Increase



As an investor in the stock market, I like it when my positions do well.  I like investing even more when the stocks I own reward me as a shareholder with dividend increases.   I and my fellow shareholders receive a dividend increase when the specific company does well.

As we continue to battle COVID19 pandemic across the world and new variants being discovered, it is great to see some great positive news.

On January 26, 2021, Canadian National Railway “CN Rail” release its earnings. CN Rail trades on both the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols CNR and CNI, respectively.

In the earnings release, CN Rail announced a dividend increase from $0.575 CAD per share quarterly to $0.615 CAD per share quarterly.  That is a 6.96% increase! 

I own 38 shares of CNR in my TFSA.  This increase adds $6.08 CAD to my annual dividend income.  

CN Rail also announced a new normal course issuer bid for share repurchase, which you can read about here.

Disclosure:   Long CNR

 DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

3 comments:

  1. IP -

    That's a GREAT dividend increase. Congratulations, Norfolk increased their dividend for me!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lanny,

      Thanks for dropping by. CN had a rough start to 2020 with only like 10% of freight moving for a week due to blockades on some of its rail lines. Then the pandemic hit and freight volumes decreased due to lockdowns across the country. So, I definitely welcome this raise.

      Congrats on your raise as a Norfolk Southern shareholder.

      Delete
  2. Nice. Love me some cnr!
    Congrats on the raise

    ReplyDelete