Saturday, August 7, 2021

Dividend Income Update - July 2021

            



      
The month of July 2021 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts.  In July 2021, I became debt free as I paid off my line of credit.  

Due to become debt free, I changed my pay myself model.  Starting the beginning of August 2021.  I am paying myself 30%, just like before.  This will now consist of 24% to investing, and 6% to savings.  The investment portion is going to my TFSA. Any money left over at the end of the month, I put towards investing on top of the money allocated from paying myself first.  Hopefully, I can keep this up!
 
Note: All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars.


Non-registered Accounts 

Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $57.33  (Transfer Agent)
Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $18.00  (Margin Account)
Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE)  -   $87.50  
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce "CIBC"  (CM) - $160.60
Restaurant Brands International (QSR)   - $65.13
Rogers Communications Class B  (RCI.B)  - $100.00
Shaw Communications (SJR.B) - $19.75


Subtotal : $508.31


TFSA

A&W Royalties Income Fund  (AW.UN) - $5.13
Algonquin Power and Utilities  (AQN)  - $26.74
Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund (BPF.UN) - $16.51
Cominar REIT (CUF.UN) -    $6.84
Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN)    - $17.11
TD Bank  (TD)   - $48.98
Telus Corporation (T)  - $15.18
TFI International  (TFII) - $14.19


Subtotal: $150.68

Total = $658.99

I received a total of $658.99 in dividend income for the month of July 2021.  This represents a 3.13% increase from 3 months ago and 21.7% increase year over year. 
  

The increase from 3 months ago was mostly due to my recent position of Algonquin Power and Utilities. 

I received dividend / distribution income from  14 different companies.  

I received $78.05 in option premiums within my investment accounts in July 2021.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.



Click To Enlarge



Most of my dividend income comes from my margin account. 


Click To Enlarge



Next, I will show the percentage of total income for each position.




Click To Enlarge



I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. I will include my option premium income also. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

Note: Any activity in my RRSP account is not included in these totals. 

How was your dividend income for July 2021?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great month IP! Love that pay yourself model with 30% coming off the top. I wish my income was steady so I could just put dollar amount transfers on autopilot but my income varies too much. It's in the same general range but there is some fluctuation. You've got to love that 20%+ year over year increase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passive Income Pursuit,

      Thanks for dropping by. My income fluctuates as well. I never know how much hours I am going to get for any giving week.

      So, paying myself first is a must for me to invest. I find with each additional dollar in passive income it makes life just a little less stressful

      I love the 20% YoY increase. I am keeping my dividends in my account and have no taken any out in a year or so. That helps to grow the income and portfolio even more.

      Delete
  2. Cool. Over 21% yoy, well done. :)
    Paying yourself 30% first is a good way to force a high level of savings. Hope it continues to work out for you. July was an average month for me. I'm excited for August though. I have 1200 shares of Enbridge scheduled to pay dividends end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liquid,

      Thanks. I am happy with the year over year growth. Re-investing all the dividends definitely as help a lot.

      If I can get the trading account up to $5000.00, I might start to make a 3% withdrawal at the end of the month when no trades are on. This money will be put in one of the investing accounts.

      I am look forward to Enbridge payment as well.

      Delete