Saturday, July 9, 2022

Dividend Income Update - June 2022

     



The month of June 2022 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts.

Due to becoming debt free, I changed my pay myself model. Starting the beginning of August 2021. I am paying myself 30%, just like before. This will now consist of 24% to investing, and 6% to savings. The investment portion is going to my TFSA. Any money left over at the end of the month, I put towards investing on top of the money allocated from paying myself first. Hopefully, I can keep this up!

Note: All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars








I received a total of $600.89 in dividend income for the month of June 2022. This represents a 12.94% increase from 3 months ago and 21.61% increase year over year.

The large increase from 3 months ago was due to receiving dividends from Manulife and Titanium Transportation for the first time. 

I received dividend / distribution income from 14 different companies.

I received $48.05 in option premiums within my investment accounts in June 2022.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.

Click to Enlarge



Most of my dividend income comes from my margin account.

Click to Enlarge


Next, I will show the percentage of total income for each position.  Please note that BEPC percentage and ticker do not show in the graph below.

Click To Enlarge


In the first 6 months of 2021, I received $2856.52  In the first 6 months of 2022, I received $3304.05 in dividends.  This is an increase of 15.67% over the same period of 2021.  
 
I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. I will include my option premium income also. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

Note: Any activity in my RRSP account is not included in these totals.

How was your dividend income for June 2022?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment