Saturday, January 24, 2015

Recent Trade

     With the current environment of low oil prices, I am paying more attention to where I put my money for long term investments. I am looking at different companies in many different sectors. Currently, my portfolio is mostly in energy and financials.
    While I am reviewing my portfolio, I decided to make a few trades. In the post, I will discuss one of the trades.  On January 16, my limit order as filled to purchase 500 shares of Bombardier Class B shares at $2.75 per share.  This trade is inside my TFSA.

I also own this stock in my margin account also. Bombardier has made some announcements in the past week or so that has caused its stock to fall. On January 15, the company announced it has suspended the LearJet 85 because of weak demand and liquidity concerns.

Click to Enlarge


     After hearing this negative news from the company, and saw the big drop as shown above, I decided to put in a limit order for $2.75 per shares for 500 shares.
    Bombardier is a company in the transportation sector. Bombardier is the world's only manufacturer of both planes and trains. The company is headquartered in Montreal, which is located in the Canadian province of Quebec. The latest annual report to be filed was for 2013. For 2013, the annual revenues for Bombardier was $18.2 Billion US. The financials for the last 3 months and year ending Dec 31, 2014 will be published on Feb 12, 2015.

Disclosure:  I own 1000 shares of BBD.B in my margin account with a purchase price of $3.60 per share.

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should not be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment