Sunday, January 4, 2015

Dividend Update - Dec 2014



 


The month of December 2014 is another month of  dividend income landing in my accounts. This money is used to help pay my expenses if it is needed. If the money is not needed, it is ALL used to purchase new investments to further increase my cash flow.

During the month of December the price of crude oil per barrel went lower. As of today, January 3, the price per barrel is $52.81 ( source: www.stockhouse.com). This is a chart of the price of crude oil over the last year. Crude oil seemed to peak around last of June.

Crude oil over the past year


The price of crude oil on October 3 was $89.74.  As seen in the 3 month chart below the price continued its downward trend to where we are at today.

Crude Oil last 3 months

Over the last 6 months oil started out flat and then started dropping the last 3 months. On July 3, the price per barrel was $104.06.  The price per barrel dropped almost 50% over the last 6 months.
Crude Oil over last 6 months


Non-registered Account
  • Bombardier  (BBD.B) - $25.40
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 45.81
  • Enbridge (ENB) = $2.44 
  • Just Energy (JE) - $88.38  
  • Killam Properties (KMP)  - $5.75
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)    - $18.33
TFSA
  • Boston Pizza  Royalties Fund (BPF.UN)   - $23.87  
  • Cominar REIT (C.UN) - $10.78 
  • Dream Office REIT   (D.UN)  - $ 16.61
  • Enbridge (ENB) = $11.55
  • Killam Properties (KMP) - $  14.35 
Total = $263.27

This total represents a 0.152% increase from 3 months ago and 42.15% increase  year over year.  The Cominar REIT distribution is paid out twice during December. The two payments are in the middle of the month and on the last day of the month. Therefore, there will be no payment in mid-January for this REIT.  The Claymore 1 - 5 year Laddered Corporate Bond ETF, CBO, did not pay a distribution in December. CBO will pay of January 6, 2015 for unit holders on record of Dec 31. The distribution payment should be higher due to capital gains paid out by the ETF.

I also received another distribution payment of $56.00 for my swing trade in Dream Office REIT in my non-registered account. This is not listed above since it is a trade, so I keep the money in the account and do not pay myself first with this payment. I have received $987.47 in distributions so far on this trade.

During the month of December, I also made a trade in BPF.UN in my margin account. I also qualified for the distribution payment, which was $20.40 for 200 units. As this was a trade it is not included in my monthly total.

I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

I will update my dividend income tab above with this total.

NOTE:  Dundee REIT changed its name to Dream Office REIT during 2014, but kept the same ticker symbol.  In this post I finally changed it to its new name.

NOTE: This post was written on January 3, but published on January 4.

Disclosure : Long all securities above.

Photo Credit: www.mipaq,co.za

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

1 comment:

  1. IP,

    Congrats on a great month to finish off 2014. That's some very serious passive income up there.

    I hope 2015 is even more prosperous, which I'm sure it will be! :)

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete