Monday, November 21, 2016

Option Expiration Day - Nov 18

   I recently sold a covered call involving 3 contracts of IAMGOLD (Ticker Symbol IMG) with a strike price of $6.00 and option expiration day of Nov 18, 2016, which you can read about here.  The option has expired and was not assigned. As the seller of the option, I get to keep the premium I received.

   I also sold puts options involving 3 contracts of IMG with a strike price of $5.00 and option expiration day of Nov 18, 2016.  You can read about this transaction here.  I currently owned 300 shares of IMG, so by selling puts I was collecting premium while waiting to buy at my price target.  This option was assigned at the stock price for IMG was trading slightly below $5.00 at expiration. 
My brokerage charges an option assignment fee of $24.95.  So I now own a total of 600 shares.

   IMG does not pay a dividend, so I will be looking to sell all these shares either a direct sell or a covered call in the near future.

Disclosure:  Currently own 600 shares of IMG.

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment