Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Dividend Update - October 2016




      The month of October is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. This money is used to help pay my expenses if it is needed. If the money is not needed, it is ALL used to purchase new investments to further increase my cash flow.

       The markets continue to go higher in the month of October.  The price of a barrel of crude oil continues to play a major role in market sentiment. The world has the eyes on the upcoming election for president of the United States. As Barrack Obama is not allowed to run for a third term, the US will have a new president elect on Nov 8.

      One thing for sure, is that I was paid dividends and distributions for being a shareholder or unit holder in  various companies or funds. In  Sept 2016, the Dream Office REIT will be counted as dividend income  for the first time.

 Non-registered Account

  • Bell Canada Enterprises  (BCE) - $68.25
  • Bank Of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $23.83     --- This is directly with transfer agent.
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $14.80
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 5.58
  • Dream Office REIT   (D.UN)  - $ 75.00
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)    - $19.75
  • Rogers Communications Class B (RCI.B) - $96.00
TFSA
  • Boston Pizza  Royalties Fund (BPF.UN)   - $26.91
  • Claymore 1-5 yr Laddered Corporate Bond ETF (CBO)  - $0.63
  • Cominar REIT (CUF.UN ) - $20.46
  • Dream Office REIT   (D.UN)  - $ 17.50
  • Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN) - $  15.10
  • Transforce  (TFI) - $8.50

Total = $392.31

        As the amount of distribution from D.UN inside my margin account, will have a large impact on the comparison of dividend income from 3 months or from 12 months ago.  Therefore, I wil not compare October 2016 dividend income with that of 3 months and 12 months ago.

 Dream REIT has reduced the amount of distribution they pay monthly which was announced in February.  Recently, I wrote about purchasing more units of D.UN inside a margin account.  Starting in September, the distribution from this D.UN inside the margin account will be included in my dividend income.

     I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

How was your dividend income for October?

Disclosure : Long all securities above.

Photo Credit: www.mipaq,co.za

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.


5 comments:

  1. IP -

    Nice job! Definitely cruised over my total, making moves over there. Congratulations and excited for your November total.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,

      The addition of counting D.UN in my margin account, as stated in the article, increases the amount substantially.

      Delete
  2. ShipMyAuto,

    Thanks for dropping by. I just write a basic post month to month. As I often sell more than the average dividend growth investor, I do not include charts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid showing for a "quiet" month as we like to say. Always happy to see a Canadian bank doing its part for a dividend income portfolio. I'm still long TD, BNS and RY. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith,

      Thanks for dropping by. I currently own 3 Canadian banks which are BNS, BMO and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. I use to own RY and TD, but they were called away when doing cover calls. I plan on owning RY and TD in the future, but the share prices have to come down .

      Delete