Sunday, March 5, 2017

Recent Purchase

      I was looking to put some money to work.  A stock that I owned was trading below my purchase price of $19.99 per share over the past while.

      A 3 month chart shows the stock has stock is down 9.74% from 3 months ago. This is after a huge share price drop prior to my initial purchase.




Click to Enlarge




A 5 day chart of HLF shows the stock is down about 2.22% over the last 5 days.


                       
Click to Enlarge


      I added to my position in HLF in my margin account by purchasing 50 shares at $17.03 on March 3.  The total cost of purchase is $856.62 including commissions. The stock currently pays an annual dividend of $0.56 per share.  This purchase adds $28.00 to my annual dividend income with a yield on cost for this purchase of 3.27%.

      I now own 100 shares of HLF.  People are paying more attention and looking to make better choices about the food they put into their bodies.  People have been choosing to eat less red meat due to health reasons and the cost. One of these choices is seafood.  Nowadays, individuals and families are more busier than ever and tend to deviate towards quick meals and restaurants.  With choosing to eat at home, families reduce their food costs and one of these ways can be eating ready to cook products from Highliner Foods. Highliner Foods products are also used in restaurants.

NOTE: Highliner Foods trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HLF.

I will update my investing tab spreadsheet in early April to reflect this purchase.

Disclosure:  Long HLF

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.




No comments:

Post a Comment