Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Portfolio Update

Another month has come and gone and time to an update of my portfolio. In doing so, I notice I had a few mistakes.

These mistakes were Bank of Nova Scotia dividend rate ( which also increased its dividend ) and the amount of shares I own of Killam Properties in may margin account (indicated by the non -green  lines ).

The  additions to the portfolio as of this date is 2 shares of Enerplus and 6 shares of Just Energy I received via DRIP.  There is a error in my brokerage account  with this reinvestment of Just Energy. It states I received 6 shares @6.45 for an investment amount of 36.75. So either the 6.45 is wrong or the 36.75 is.  I contacted my broker and they will review this case and get back to me within a couple of days LOL.. Right now I am going to assuming the 6.45 and my cost basis will be then 38.70.

 I think going forward I will wait to the DRIPS for the month are complete. I will update my spreadsheet to reflect the 6 shares.

Hope your portfolio is doing well.

DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk


No comments:

Post a Comment