Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blackberry Surge!!!

I recently completed a Trade in Blackberry.    My profit from the trade was approximately $165.00 before commissions. I sold my Blackberry shares at $6.60. Blackberry is a risky investment as the company has had it share of problems the last few years resulting in layoffs in the thousands.

Recently, they hired a new CEO to try and turn the company around. The stock close today Jan 22 / 2014 at $11.96.  If I would of held on to this stock (that was a trade) I would be looking at approximately gains of $2845.00 .

I like to have an exit strategy in place prior to making a trade, so I don't let my emotions get to me. I believe it is better to take small profits then try to hit the home run.  I am happy with my $165.00 profit on my trade. I did not believe Blackberry's stock price would of grown this amount in a short time span, that is a second reason why I did not hold on to the stock to see if there is further upside.


DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

2 comments:

  1. Hi PI,

    a win about 5 percent is great!
    I have traded 2-3 years, but now I invest only.

    I think it's great if someone is trading and investing.
    Trading is the champions league - and very heavy stuff!

    regards
    D-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Pursuits. This volatility has given me the chance to make a few quick, but profitable, swing trades too. Most recently Coach (COH). Better yet, the sell off has given me a chance to start to wade into emerging market stocks again, and buy top notch dividend growers like McDonalds. Have a great day and congratulations
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete