On February 6, 2014, Bell Canada Enterprises ( BCE) reported Q4 and 2013 results.
Some highlights are as follows: from BCE News Release Feb 6, 2014
- BCE Q4 net earnings attributable to common shareholders of $495 million ; Adjusted net earnings of $540 million, up 16.4 % ; Adjusted net earnings per share of $0.70 which is up 16.7%
- Strong 11.4% growth in free cash flow in Q4 to $674 million
- Double- digit Wireless and Media EBITDA growth of 10.4% and 33.7% respectively, drives 7 percent increase in total BELL EBITDA.
- Bell Wireline EBITDA growth positive this quarter on stronger residential Wireline revenue growth and improving year-over-year Bell Business Markets financial performance.
- Healthy Q4 Wireless postpaid net additions of 119520; 2.1 % higher Wireless blended ARPU reflects increased data usage driven by steady smartphone growth; Consumer mobile roaming rates significantly reduced.
- Bell Fibre TV momentum continues with net additions of 60, 301, up 25% as service footprint expands to more than 4.3 million households; high speed Internet activations more than double to 15,960; residential local access line losses improve 27.3 % year of year
- All 2013 financial guidelines targets have been achieved
BCE has announced a dividend increase of 6% to bring the annual dividend rate up to $2.47 CDN per share. Since 2008 Q4, the dividend for BCE has been increased 10 times for a combined increase of 69%. That definately beats most wage increases from a job in the same amount of time.
My shares of BCE were purchased on the Toronto Stock Exchange as I am from Canada.
Photo Credit : www.betterglobe.com
Disclosure : Long BCE