Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dividend Update - Jan 2014


We are now into a new month.   Several companies that I am invested paid me dividends this month. A large percentage of my investments are currently with companies  that pay dividends monthly.

Non-registered Account
  • Killam Properties (KMP)  - $5.56
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)    - $17.00
  • Just Energy (JE) - $47.11
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 45.00
  • Bell Canada (BCE)- $  58.25
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $7.00
TFSA
  • Killam Properties (KMP) - $  13.53
  • Dundee REIT   (D.UN)  - $ 16.61
  • Boston Pizza  Royalties Fund (BPF.UN)   - $23.87
Total = $233.93

This total represents a 1.93% increase from 3 months ago and 30.94%  year over year.


I also received another distribution payment of $56.00 for my swing trade in Dundee REIT in my non-registered account. This is not listed above since it is a trade, so I keep the money in the account and do not pay myself first with this payment. I have received $371.47 in distributions so far on this trade.

I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount.

Disclosure : Long all securities above.


DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

4 comments:

  1. I like seeing your dividend updates because I own a lot of the same stocks as you, such as JE, BCE, and BNS, so when you receive payment so will I :) Soon I might pick up some BPF.UN as well, but I'm still trying to decide between that and KEG.UN. Hmm, I wonder which restaurant I should invest in first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first purchased BPF.UN in Mar 2010 @ $11.96. They were paying a higher distribution then. The reason the yield was higher as the new SIFT tax for income trusts has not come into effect yet. The distrubition was lowered as the fund, which didn't convert to a corporation, had to account for this new tax of approximately 34% ( not 100% accurate of it being 34%).

      I hold this in my TFSA, so I don't have to worry about being taxed higher than dividends from a corporation which are considered eligible dividends. I did DRIP this stock for a bit and accumulated 19 more shares.

      Delete
  2. Hi IP,

    from all your companies, which have paid dividends in January, I only know BNS.
    All other companies are smaller, I think so.

    I feel only good, if the Market capitalization is bigger than 10 billion EUR (USD).

    Best regards
    D-S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividenden- Sammler,

      An investor can not go wrong investing in any of the big banks in Canada. Canadian banks are one of the safety banks in the world. All an investor has to do is to try to find a great entry point.

      Delete