Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dividend Update - Jan 2015

















     
      The month of January is another month of  dividend income landing in my accounts. This money is used to help pay my expenses if it is needed. If the money is not needed, it is ALL used to purchase new investments to further increase my cash flow.

During the month of January  the price of crude oil per barrel went lower. On January 3, the price per barrel is $52.81 ( source: www.stockhouse.com).  The price of a barrel of crude oil ending January 30 was $47.85 as indicated in the chart below. From this same chart, we also can see the rise in crude oil prices.  A lot of non-investors seem to be likely this increase as the higher the price of oil then the more likely they will be able to have an well paying job in western Canada.






Non-registered Account
  • Bell Canada - $61.75
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 46.17
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $19.68
  • Killam Properties (KMP)  - $5.75
  • Rogers Communications (RCI.B) - $45.75
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)    - $18.33
TFSA
  • Boston Pizza  Royalties Fund (BPF.UN)   - $23.87
  • Claymore 1-5 yr Laddered Corporate Bond (ETF) - $1.87 
  • Dream Office REIT   (D.UN)  - $ 16.61
  • Killam Properties (KMP) - $  14.40 
Total = $254.18

This total represents a 3.36% increase from 3 months ago and 8.656% increase  year over year.  The Cominar REIT distribution is paid out twice during December, which means there is no payment in Mid January for this REIT.   The Claymore 1 - 5 year Laddered Corporate Bond ETF, CBO, pay distributions twice during the month of January. This occured on January 6 and the end of January.

I also received another distribution payment of $56.00 for my swing trade in Dream Office REIT in my non-registered account. This is not listed above since it is a trade, so I keep the money in the account and do not pay myself first with this payment. I have received $1043.47 in distributions so far on this trade.

I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

I will update my dividend income tab above with this total.

Disclosure : Long all securities above.

Photo Credit: www.mipaq,co.za

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Thats a neat amount of dividend for a month. Congrats!

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R2R,

      Thanks for dropping by. I am grateful to receive this dividend income as I had zero dividend income up to March 2010.

      Delete
  2. Great income stream you have there. $250 is rocking it. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Div Saver,

      Thanks for dropping by. These dividend payments I will happily take every month along with the increasing dividend and new dividends. It is great knowing I do not have to physically work to make this income every 3 months.

      Delete