Monday, February 15, 2016

Recent Transactions

   I have held Killiam Properties in both my margin account and TFSA.  On Feb 10, I sold the 115 units of Killiam Properties inside my margin account.  Prior to Jan 2016, Killam Properties was a corporation, which paid a monthly dividend.  This monthly dividend was eligible for the dividend tax credit for Canadians if you are a Canadian citizen.  Killam Properties changed it structure to a REIT, with shareholder approval, to help align itself with other companies in the Real Estate space.  They now pay a distribution.
   I have held this stock for a few years inside the margin account.  The dividend was only raised once , in recent years, as the company seems to be buying a lot of properties due to the low interest rate environment.
   I own units in XDV, which is the iShares Canadian Dividend Select ETF.  As the stock was trading below my cost basis I decided to put money to work.  On Feb 10, I purchased 60 units at a total cost of $1190.61 including commissions.  On Feb 11, I purchased 1 unit of this same ETF at $19.28.  Therefore I now own 300 units of XDV, which pays a monthly distribution.  The commissions consist of ECN fees only as my broker offers commission-free ETFs.

Disclosure:  I own KMP.UN inside TFSA

Disclosure: Long KMP.UN, XDV

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment