Sunday, May 1, 2016

Portfolio Update - Apr 2016

   The month of April 2016 is now behind us.  During the month, we say the price of WTI Crude Oil rise to approximately $45US a barrel.  Although, we are not out of the woods yet, this is positive momentum for sure. 

    I wrote a covered call for TD with a $56.00 strike price that expired on April 15, 2016.  I get to keep the premium though as I am the option seller.  I also previously sold a put in QSR with a $48 dollar strike price that expired on April 15, 2016.  The value of QSR stock had good upward movement has earnings were coming up. 

    I previously sold 3 option call contracts in XDV, the iShares Canadian Dividend Select ETF.  This option was assigned on April 15.

     With the options expiring worthless above, I decided to write more covered calls.  On April 19, I wrote a covered call in TD.TO with a strike price of $56.00.  The expiration date is May 20 and I collected a premium of $59.05 after commissions.  On April 19, I also wrote a covered call in RY.To with a strike price of $80.00.  The expiration date is June 17 and I collected a premium of $59.05 after commissions.

      With the option assignment of XDV done, my units of the ETF were called away.  I then decided to sell a put in Telus Corporation (T.TO) with a $40 strike price and May 20 expiration day.  I collected a premium of $84.05 after commissions. You can read more option these trades by clicking here.

 Shares Acquired Though Drip

        I turned off all drips inside my brokerage accounts previously.  The DRIPs are still on for the ENB and BNS held with the transfer agents.  BNS paid a dividend this past week, but the amount of new shares and at what price takes a while to show up.  As of right now, this information is not available.

     As of  May 1,  the value of my portfolio stands at $86115.10. This is an increase of  3.067% over last month. I will update my investing account tab above.

Disclosure: Long  all mentioned securities.

Disclaimer:

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should be NOT taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

No comments:

Post a Comment