Saturday, February 13, 2021

Recent Dividend Increases

Over the last week or so, I received 4 different dividend increases from 3 different companies.

Raise # 1

Bell Canada Enterprise (BCE.TO) announced earnings on February 4.  BCE announced an increase to their dividend from $0.8325 per share to $0.875 per share quarterly, or from $3.33 to $3.50 per share annually.  This is an increase of 5.11%.

I own 100 shares of BCE.TO.  This increase adds $17.00 to my annual dividend income.

Raise #2 and Raise #3

Brookfield Renewable Partners announced earnings on February 4. The distribution / dividend was increased from $1.157 USD to $1.215 USD per share annually, or from $0.28925 USD to $0.30375 USD quarterly. This represents an increase of 5.01%.

This new dividend amount is the same for both the BEP.UN units and BEPC shares.  I kept all my units and shares of these 2 companies.

I own 79 units of BEP.UN and 12 shares of BEPC.  This increase adds $5.28 USD to my annual dividend income.  This is equivalent to $6.70 in Canadian dollars at the time of this writing. 

Raise #4

Restaurant Brands International (QSR.TO) released their earnings on February 11.  Restaurant Brands International is the parent company of Tim Horton's, Burger King and Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen.  These 3 businesses have been hit hard by the COVID19 pandemic.  People working from home and other government restrictions affects the traffic who visit their place of business.

On February 11, Restaurant Brands International increased their quarterly dividend from $0.52 USD to $0.53USD, or from $2.08 USD to $2.12 USD annually.  This is an increase of 1.923% .

I own 100 shares of QSR.TO.  This increase adds $4.00 USD to my annual dividend income.  This is equivalent to $5.08 in Canadian dollars at the time of this writing.  

Disclosure:  Long QSR.TO, BEP.UN, BEPC, BCE


DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

2 comments:

  1. Got the same stocks! That's a good news for us. I sold my BEPC to reinvest into BEP.UN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dividendes & FNB,

      Thanks for dropping by. Glad to be a fellow shareholder and unit holder.

      I believe Brookfield will eliminate the BEP.UN structure and convert all to BEPC shares. It might be years for this to happen. I own my Brookfield Renewable positions in TFSA, so it won't affect me from a tax perspective if this ever happens.

      Delete