Saturday, August 13, 2022

Dividend Income Update - July 2022

      



The month of July 2022 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts.

Due to becoming debt free, I changed my pay myself model. Starting the beginning of August 2021, I am paying myself 30%, just like before. This will now consist of 24% to investing, and 6% to savings.  The investment portion is going to my TFSA. Any money left over at the end of the month, I put towards investing on top of the money allocated from paying myself first. Hopefully, I can keep this up!

Update on paying myself first. At the start of August 2022, I now pay myself 35%.  This will consist of 25% to investing and 10% to savings. 

Note: All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars




I received a total of $794.66 in dividend income for the month of July 2022. This represents a 6.34% increase from 3 months ago and 20.6% increase year over year.

I received dividend / distribution income from 15 different companies.

I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in July 2022.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.

Click to Enlarge




Most of my dividend income comes from my margin account.

Click to Enlarge



Next, I will show the percentage of total income for each position.  

Click to Enlarge



In the first 7 months of 2021, I received $3515.51.  In the first 7 months of 2022, I received $4098.71 in dividends.  This is an increase of 16.59% over the same period of 2021.  
 
I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. I will include my option premium income also. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

Note: Any activity in my RRSP account is not included in these totals.

How was your dividend income for July 2022?

Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a solid month IP! Being debt free and being able to pay yourself 35% per month is fantastic. That's really going to push up your brokerage accounts and dividends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passive Income Pursuit,

      Thanks for dropping by. July was my best month ever for dividend income.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good summer month of dividend income. I'm still not playing with options though I have seen some pretty good results from others collecting those premiums. Canada banks still look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      With my brokerage, it is difficult to trade options. $9.95 commission plus $1.00 per contract. Also an option assignment/exercise fee of $24.95. Interactive Brokers is probably best brokerage to use in Canada for selling options.

      Delete