Saturday, April 12, 2014

Recent Trade - Sale

In a recent trade, I purchased 100 shares of Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund, which you can read about here. The fund (BPF.UN) makes money as a percentage of gross sales. The fund has only administrative expenses and payment on debt. The fund does not receive the entire 100% percent of the royalties paid from the franchises.

I recently sold this position of 100 shares at $20.42 a share.

Cost : 2014.95 including commissions
Sale :  2037.05 including commissions
Profit : $22.10
ROI :   1.10 %

This is a very small return but I will take $22.10 over nothing or a loss.

Disclosure: I am still long BPF.UN in my TFSA, which I have owned since March 2010.

DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

No comments:

Post a Comment