Sunday, May 4, 2014

Portfolio Update - April 2014

It is time to update my portfolio. I made a sale and a purchase this month.  I sold my 100 shares of Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund in my margin account, which you can read about here.  The ROI was very small on this sale, which it was used for a position trade.  I also made a purchase this month of Chorus Aviation, which you can read about here.




The following stocks were DRIPPED.
 - Enerplus    1 shares @$24.26
 - Bank of Nova Scotia 0.111555 shares@$65.4387

I decided to turn the DRIP off for Enerplus. As the stock is trading about my cost basis by $1.50-$2.00 currently, I felt I can use the dividend income more efficiently elsewhere.  The DRIP has been turned on for Killam Properties (280 shares) in my TFSA as the stock is trading below my purchase price. Killam Properties is dealing with not able to raise rents that much to combat rising natural gas prices. Killam Properties has most of its properties in Atlantic Canada. The market is saturated with apartments right now. When the federal ship building starts in Halifax within the next couple of years, there should be an influx of families moving into the area.

The current value of my portfolio is $66705.42. This represents an increase of 5.21 percent over last month. I  updated my portfolio tab at the top of the blog.

Disclosure:  Long all mention securities except Chorus Aviation Inc., which might not be held for the long term.

Photo Credit:  www.airlinesanddestinations.com

DISCLAIMER:

     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

2 comments:

  1. IP,

    Nice value there! You're climbing closer and closer to $100k. And then the fun really begins! :)

    Keep it up.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mantra,

    Thanks for dropping by. I am getting closer to the $100k with every deposit, appreciation and dividend paid to me. Definitely better than money sitting in a savings account, which is taxed the highest rate and loses money to inflation.

    ReplyDelete