Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week-End Reading Apr 26 2015


    During the past week, I added a new link on the top of the blog.  The 'Resources' link has some of the books that I have read over the years. These books have all helped me on my journey to financial independence.  My only regret was that I didn't take immediate action right after reading the books.  I basically woke up one day and decided I didn't wanted something more out of life, and started applying some of the concepts in these books.  One of the most important concepts is Paying Myself First which is first discussed in Richest Man in Babylon.  Although I wish I would of started on my journey earlier in life, I am thankful to be able to start the journey and life gets easier and easier every time I make an investment. I am still in the rat race, but I am way better off now than I was 5 years ago.

   During the past week, some of the articles I enjoyed reading or podcasts that I listened to are listed below.

Reaching Financial Independence  The Dividend Mantra Way

      Kraig Mathias at createmyindependence.com talks with Jason Fieber, aka Dividend Mantra, about what he has been up that last while. Dividend Mantra has been writing for about a year full time after leaving his full time job at a car dealership.  Dividend Mantra talks about his past and dividend growth investing in this podcast and it was good to listen to the hour long podcast.

The Dividend Mantra Way

Last Sunday, Dividend Mantra wrote a post about publishing his first book. It is an e-book which can be purchased on Amazon for $4.99 US.  The book is already listed as a best seller in the Investing category.

 Recent Buys by Dividend Hustler

Dividend Hustler recently published a post about his recent buys. I am a shareholder in 2 of the 3 companies he bought shares in.  I believe all three of these companies will do well over time.

 2015 Federal Budget in Canada

Liquid Independence recently wrote about the 2015 federal budget.  Some of the politicians outside of the government believe the increase in TFSA contribution limit to $10000 a year from the $5500 a year will only benefit the rich.  With the increase limit, it might benefit people to save and invest more into this vehicle when they realize the actual benefits of investments that will grow tax free. People will come to realize when they take money out of the TFSA, it is tax free also.

 Sharpe Trade : Money Management Series Post

Dan, aka Aileron Trading, wrote a post in his money management series about forms of risk. This post is on the Sharpe Trade website, in which Dan is apart of.  This post also has a video component to it also.

Photo Credit : www.cafepress.com

DISCLAIMER
     I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.  Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

No comments:

Post a Comment