Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Recent Buy

    I was looking for a company that didn't have much exposure to the energy sector and trading well below its 52 week low.  In order for an economy to keep moving, goods have to be transported from one location to another. These goods consist of fuel, groceries, supplies, etc.  As the saying goes, "if you got it a truck brought it"

    I noticed the 52 week high for Transforce (Ticker Symbol TFI) is $31.24.  I put in a limit order to purchase 50 shares at $21.88 today and the order was filled inside my TFSA.  This purchased price is 30% below the 52 week high.   Transforce is involved in the transportation of full truck loads, LTL, courier shipments, intermodal and variety of other type of shipments.  They have multiple companies under their umbrella.  Trucks are required to keep the economy moving.  The transport goods across North America.

    The current dividend is $0.68 per share annually.  The total cost for my purchase was $1099.12.  Therefore, my yield on cost is 3.09%.  This adds $34.00 to my annual dividend income.  If fact, the company announced today a quarterly dividend of $0.17 per share will be paid on April 15 2016 to shareholders on record on Mar 31, 2016.

As per Thompson Reuters, Transforce has a 3 year dividend growth of 10.43% and a 5 year dividend growth of 11.20%.

I will update my investing tab spreadsheet in early April to reflect this purchase.

 Disclosure:  Long TFI

 DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment