Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Dividend Income Update - October 2020

   



      
The month of October 2020 is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. Recently, I switched my pay yourself first model to concentrate a little on debt repayment. The interest on debt is 7.16% 5.66% plus the insurance on the debt. The decrease in the interest rate is a result of emergency rate cuts by the Bank of Canada over the COVID19 pandemic. 
 
Note: All the dividends and totals below are in Canadian Dollars.


Non-registered Accounts 

Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $42.93 (Transfer Agent)
Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $18.00
Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) - $83.25
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce "CIBC" (CM) - $160.60     
Enerplus (ERF)  - $7.40
Restaurant Brands International (QSR) - $68.17
Rogers Communications Class B (RCI.B) - $100.00
Shaw Communications (SJR.B) - $19.75

Subtotal : $500.10


TFSA

A&W Royalties Income Fund  (AW.UN) - $15.20
Boston Pizza Royalties Income Fund (BPF.UN) - $15.54
Cominar REIT (CUF.UN)    - $6.84
Killam Properties REIT (KMP.UN)    - $17.11
TD Bank (TD) - $48.98
Telus Corporation (T) - $13.98
TFI International (TFII) - $13.00

Subtotal: $130.65

Total = $630.75


I received a total of $414.63 in dividend income for the month of October 2020. This represents a 16.45% increase from 3 months ago and 1.085% increase year over year. 

A&W Royalties Income Fund paid out a special distribution of $0.30 per unit.  I own 38 shares of AW.UN, so account for $11.40 of the $15.20 for the total distribution from this position.

The large increase from 3 months ago was due to Restaurant Brands International (QSR) paying their dividend out in first week on October, like it has done in the past.  Normally, Restaurant Brands International dividend payment date for the previous quarter is first week of July, but it was paid on June 30.

I received dividend / distribution income from 14 different companies. 

I received $0.00 in option premiums within my investment accounts in October 2020.

Below is a visual of my dividend totals for the last 5 years.



Click to Enlarge



Most of my dividend income comes from my margin account. 


Click to Enlarge




Next, I will show the percentage of total income for each position.


Click to Enlarge



I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. I will include my option premium income also. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

Note: Any activity in my RRSP account is not included in these totals. 

EDIT:  Information about the large distribution amount for A&W Royalties Income fund was added to the post.  The comparison of dividend income with 3 months ago and 12 months ago was corrected to the proper amounts.  

How was your dividend income for October 2020?


Disclosure : Long all mentioned securities

DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.


No comments:

Post a Comment