Saturday, November 14, 2020

Recent Dividend Increases

As an investor, one of the things I look forward is to receive raises for doing no work on my part.  I am talking about dividend increases announced by companies where I currently am a shareholder.


 Dividend Raise #1

 On November 6, Telus Corporation increased their quarterly dividend from $0.29125  per share to $0.3112 per share, or $1.165 per share to $ $1.2448 per share annually.  These numbers are in canadian dollars as my shares are purchased on the Toronto Stock Exchange.  This is an increase of 6.85%.  

I currently own 48 shares of Telus Corporation (Ticker Symbol  T.TO).  Therefore, this increase adds $3.83 CAD to my annual dividend income.

 Dividend Raise # 2

 On November 12,  Intertape Polymer Group increased their quarterly dividend from $0.1475 per share to $0.1575 per share, or from  $$0.59 to $0.63 annually.  These dividend numbers for Intertape Polymer Group (Ticker Symbol :  ITP) are in US dollars as their dividend is paid in US Dollars.  This represents an increase of 6.78%.

 I currently own 120 shares of Intertape Polymer Group.  Therefore, this increase adds $4.80 USD to my annual dividend income.  The shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange.  The dividend is converted to Canadian dollars in my brokerage account.  As of the time of this writing,  the equivalent canadian dollar amount would be $6.31 CAD.

 Summary:

These increases add approximately $10.14 CAD  to my annual dividend income.  This is equivalent to investing  $289.14 of my own money under the assumption of a 3.5% yield. 

Disclosure:  Long ITP, T

 DISCLAIMER

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment