Monday, May 4, 2015

Dividend Update - April 2015




      The month of April is another month of dividend income landing in my accounts. This money is used to help pay my expenses if it is needed. If the money is not needed, it is ALL used to purchase new investments to further increase my cash flow.

        The price of a barrel of crude oil is currently trading at $58.86 a barrel. As the energy sector is struggling with the price, this continues to affect certain stocks in my portfolio as some industry professionals believe that oil prices could remain like this to up to 3 years.  The Alberta provincial election is May 5, which currently has the NDP in the lead in the poles.  The current party, Progressive Conservative has been in power for 44 years under different premiers.  I am currently looking to invest in other areas of the economy right now as I believe if the NDP gets elected it will not be good for Alberta oil industry which is already struggling with low oil prices.

 Non-registered Account
  • Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) - $20.49
  • Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) - $65.00
  • Enerplus (ERF)  -$ 26.20
  • Killam Properties (KMP)  - $5.75
  • Rogers Communications Class B (RCI.B) - $48.00
  • Shaw Communications (SJR.B)    - $19.75
  • TD Bank  (TD) - $51.00
TFSA
  • Boston Pizza  Royalties Fund (BPF.UN)   - $23.87
  • Claymore 1-5 yr Laddered Corporate Bond (ETF) - $0.91
  • Cominar REIT (CUF.UN ) - $5.39 
  • Dream Office REIT   (D.UN)  - $ 16.61
  • Killam Properties (KMP) - $  14.55 
Total = $297.52

     This total represents a 17.06% increase from 3 months ago and 20.79% increase  year over year.  TD Bank dividend was deposited into my account  in April whereas it was deposited into my account in February. Although its dividend payment date was January, that payment date fell on a weekend. In some cases the day a week will affect the payment being deposited. The amount is also higher due to the dividend increases which offset the dividend decrease in Enerplus.
 
    I also received a dividend in Sherritt International of $10.00, but this is not included in the dividend income above as it was a trade, which I recently wrote about
  
    I also received another distribution payment of $56.00 for my swing trade in Dream Office REIT in my non-registered account. This is not listed above since it is a trade, so I keep the money in the account and do not pay myself first with this payment. I have received $1211.47 in distributions so far on this trade.

     I will update my dividend income tab with the new amount. It is great to see money from passive income sources deposited into my brokerage account every single month.

Disclosure : Long all securities above.

Photo Credit: www.mipaq,co.za

DISCLAIMER
I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should NOT be taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment