Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Recent Sale

    I recently wrote about buying an energy company inside my TFSA, which you can read about here.  The company has fallen on hard times due to the low price of a barrel of crude oil for the past year.  With the price of the stock low I decide to try to profit a small amount.  Enerplus pays a monthly dividend, but I bought on the ex-dividend date. So I will not be receiving the dividend near the middle of January inside my TFSA.
   
    On January 4th, I sold the stock for a small profit. The sell price was $5.02 per share, which was filled when the stock price reached my limit price.

Summary:

ACB = $760.71
Sell Price = $5.02 per share
# of shares= 160
Proceeds of sale including commissions = $798.04

Profit = $798.04-$760.71
          =  $37.33

Return = $37.33/$760.71
            = 4.91%

Disclosure: Long ERF (in margin account)

Disclaimer:

I am not a financial planner, financial advisor, accountant or tax attorney. The information on this blog represents my own thoughts and opinions and should be NOT taken as investment or business advice.

Every individual should do their due diligence to make their own financial decisions based on their financial situation and tolerance for risk

2 comments:

  1. Hey IP,

    Well that was a quick sale! Congrats on your return, a very decent percentage there.

    Best of luck,
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a neat profit when you can get it, especially when its tax free and involving an oil company these days. :)

    ReplyDelete